CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT (CHP) COURSE
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Classroom and range instruction take the stress out of wondering if you’re capable.
Developing confidence and skills will become your primary building blocks.
All necessary skills and tools are provided for you to learn to carry and be safe.
Expert hands-on instruction so you develop confidence and knowledge.
Learning these skills is an investment in your future, and you want to know it’s with trusted partners.
That’s why we provide you only the best professional education.
If you’re unsure about any part of the training, we won’t move on until you’re comfortable. We want you to be successful!
- shooting basics
- defensive handgun selection
- holsters (please wear a belt)
- discuss malfunctions
- escalation of force
- relevant laws
- Signed Particpant Agreement
- Firearm familiarity (recommended)
- Prior shooting experience (recommended)
- Age 21+
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
WHAT TO BRING
- Revolver or pistol* (in calibers .22 – 45 ACP)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Both an open and a closed front cover garment
- Closed-toe shoes
- A belt
- *Available for Rental from CGC
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Concealed Handgun Permit handouts and paperwork
- Eye & ear protection
- Certificate of completion (to present to your county sheriff)
IMPORTANT INFO & STATES WITH RECIPROCITY
Firearms must be kept in a case until instructed otherwise. Please check all ammo with the instructor upon entering the classroom.
The Concealed Handgun Permit course meets the training requirements for you to apply for Colorado concealed carry permit.
*Your CHP is honored in the following states:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
COURSE CANCELLATION / CHANGE POLICY
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Classes rescheduled less than 48 hours will incur a rescheduling fee of $25 per person.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 24 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. If we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.