Welcome to First Shots!
How will you benefit from taking this class and learning about shooting and firearm safety? Will you feel less stress? Will you feel more comfortable and better prepared?
At Centennial Gun Club, our guides know the biggest challenge for you is just getting started. We have helped thousands of people begin their shooting firearms journey and have witnessed their growth through training experiences.
First Shots is the easy first step in building your training foundation. Now, you’re wondering what to expect next? At your First Shots class our guides will walk you through:
- Introduction to the safe and recreational use of firearms
- Understanding of the local requirements for owning and purchasing a firearm
- Individual and group training
- Introduction to shooting sports opportunities for all levels of interest
- A chance to take your first shots in our state of the art live fire range
- Information on how to continue training
The program provides you with a comprehensive introduction to shooting by qualified range operators and instructors that includes:
- firearm safety
- local ownership requirements
- shooting fundamentals
- hands-on instruction
- how and where to continue with training
Your understanding of each subject throughout the class is the most important. Our guides will not move on until all questions have been addressed. We value questions, and you won’t leave class feeling confused or unsure.
See you soon!
PLEASE SIGN THE PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT BEFORE ATTENDING CLASS (tab located at the bottom of the page)
- Signed Participant Agreement (available online)
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
- Pen or Pencil, Paper
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Firearm for Practice
PROJECT CHILD SAFE's GUN SAFETY VIDEO
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.
Training is the Foundation of True Skills Development
Prepared Citizen is our nationally-recognized training program at Centennial Gun Club, and you will find a course perfect for you within our various tracks. If you are new to shooting, we recommend our First Shots, Dynamics of Pistol Shooting, and/or Handgun Proficiency courses. If you are already familiar with firearms and are looking to increase your skill, maybe it is time to look at a concealed carry course, or one of the Insight Firearms Development courses: Deadly Accuracy, Speed Shooting, and Killer Low Light.